Sunday, May 1, 2011

Royal Wedding Dresses

People love weddings, and even more royal weddings. The faire tale dream of prince and princess getting married and living happily ever after make the hearts of all romantic human beings melt.

The wedding of the british royal couple last Friday was news all over the world. Prince Williams finally got married to his sweetheart, Kate Middleton.

My agent woke me up at 10 am asking me if I was watching it. As I knew it would be an event for socialites to show off their crazy hats and smart outfits, I decided to check it out.

Even though I am not a fan of royals, I am a big fan of princess Grace Kelly, because she was a very talented actress and played movies I really like such as "Rear Window" and "To Catch a Thief". She was also a really elegant and good hearted person.

Anyway, getting back to the royal wedding dress subject, can you see any similarity between Kate Middleton's dress and Grace Kelly's?



Kate's dress was obviously inspired by Grace Kelly's dress, but in my opinion the inspiration ended up bromidic and dull.

I know a lot of people will disagree, because the dress does look great! It was designed by Sarah Burton for the maison Alexander McQueen.

Although the dress is looking good, as it was inspired by Grace's dress, it should be looking even better and exciting, but instead it's looking like a worse version of the original. Sarah Burton probably wanted to keep it basic (which does not reflect the spirit of Alexander McQueen in his maison at all), but it ended up too simple and obvious.

By what I read, most people liked it. Considering the fact that a lot of fashion journalists would not risk their heads criticizing a dress made by such important designer (which is supported by Anna Wintour!), maybe I was not the only one that felt this way about it, but nobody else had the guts to let it out.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you find the first picture?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for passing by.

Your comment is really appreciated and also taken as an invitation to your own personal page. ;)


Popular Posts