Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Fascinating Marilyn Monroe


We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.” 


I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” 

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.


"She was a girl who knew how to be happy, even when she was sad. And that's important."



"Imperfection is beauty. Madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous, than absolutely boring."
 

"I'm not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful."


 "I want to grow old without facelifts. I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face I have made."


"I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else."


"I used to think as I looked at the Hollywood night, 'There must be thousands of girls sitting alone like me, dreaming of becoming a movie star. But I'm not going to worry about them. I'm dreaming the hardest.' " 


I have a strong fascination for Marilyn Monroe. In each of her pictures, in each of her quotations, I see a beautiful human being, full of dreams, with a childish hope to embrace and to become the wonderful. Someone that desperately wanted to be loved and unfortunately was by many misunderstood.

Marilyn is one of my main inspirations in life. I take from her inspiration to believe my dreams, see the world as a wonderful and beautiful place, to always look up and smile even when things go bad, to feel that being a woman is something magic and enjoyable, to know that you show you are smart when you sometimes pretend being stupid, to know that being feminine is nothing to be embarrassed about and to understand that if I wanna live in a fascinating world I help out being a fascinating person.

12 comments:

  1. I really like your blog!
    Keep posting dear!!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so true. she was impressive. maybe those small 'imperfect' and human things made her that perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her!

    Kiss,
    Laura
    (I'm a new follower as Buzz. Wanna be mine too? - international giveaway at http://street-chiq.blogspot.pt/2012/04/delrio-giveaway.html)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Buzz!

      Following! Everybody that follows me is followed back! ;) xX

      Delete
  4. Lovely post :) Love her!!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin? =)

    BLOG: http://donttellmewhattoweariwontlisten.blogspot.pt
    BLOGLOVIN: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3424396/dont-tell-me-what-to-weari-wont-li

    Kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never knew she was so thoughtful and wise, i love the photos of her she was so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorei o blog! Nova seguidora definitivamente ;)

    beijo*

    http://segredosdeglamour.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada linda! Tambem estou te seguindo pelo Tumblr!!! ;) Xx

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for stopping by sweetie, i am your newest follower! If you want fllow me back, I'd be very happy!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!!!! I love Marilyn!!!
    Take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for passing by.

Your comment is really appreciated and also taken as an invitation to your own personal page. ;)


Popular Posts