Sunday, May 6, 2012

Düsseldorf State of Art Photography Exhibition

Today is the last day of the "State of Art Photography" exhibition in Düsseldorf.  I was fortunate to have the opportunity of visiting this exhibition, which in the end gave me even more excitement about believing my photography ideal. The reason for that, are actually two: the two most outstanding photographers were female and one of them is young and self-tough.

From the 20 photographers in the State of Art exhibition, definitely Alex Prager took my attention.

Born in 1979 in Los Angeles, her photography is a pure psychedelic film noir 60's adventure: women wearing wigs and dramatic make up, living in retro circumstances, which sometimes remind me of the 70's film "Stepford Wives". So creative and unique! It brings the spectator into another world.

When asked where she learned photography her answer is simple: "at the city library and with books at home".

Aside with "State of Art", there was Bettina Rheims "The Gender Studies" exhibition.

The main face of this exhibition was the supermodel Andrej Pejik.

French born Bettina started her work in the 80's and has a strong reputation for making highly provocative images exploring female sensuality, sometimes bringing the eroticism in line with what many would consider obscene.

  


So those two photographers cached my attention between many great ones. People that like abstract photography, art or landscape, might find my opinion wrong, because there was a full plate of other great artists for every taste.

For more information about the other photographers and about the exhibition in general, visit: http://www.nrw-forum.de/state_of_the_art_photography_english






14 comments:

  1. I think all the pictures are really unique on their own. Thanks for sharing some of the shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are amazing! There's a certain essence of ferocity yet vulnerability. Love it.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think we should follow each other. amyklundt.blogspot.com

    P.S. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are pretty incredible photographs. cheers for the link, im going to have a look xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome photographers / pictures it seems, meh, i missed that exhibition. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. gostei das fotografias, bastante interessantes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to go to that exhibition. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful work!
    Can we follow each other?:X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cool post! Great blog! Your posts keep me coming back for more - it's cos you're amazing!!! Have a great day and a brilliant week ahead! Looking forward to more posts from you!

    the-white-list.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, fantastic pictures! My favourite is the one with a lady in a black dress and flying pigeons. :D
    And I love your last outfit posts, when will you post the next one? :D
    I'm following you now. :D If you want, you can find me on: http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com
    Have a nice day! Kisses from Serbia! :*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Instagram still have problems, i cant write, none of my comments stays more than a second.

    That's not so important...

    I wish you a good day and hope that's your email adress is working just in case...

    Bye bye

    Ultima Necat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. By the way, i like your blog, write more on it plizzzz!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for passing by.

Your comment is really appreciated and also taken as an invitation to your own personal page. ;)


Popular Posts