Friday, May 4, 2012

Visiting the Sinister Vila Hugel

One of the main tourist attractions in the city where I live now - Essen in Germany - is the Vila Hugel mansion. It's a neo-classic house constructed by a very successful businessman 100 years ago, with wood floors and sealings, huge rooms, sinister old pictures on the wall and a beautiful garden. 

It's very interesting and well conserved. It looks like the perfect place to shoot a film noir and with this inspirational idea I made a few pictures of Vila Hugel and it's garden.

 
P.S.: In reality Vila Hugel doesn't look sinister, I just shot in a sinister perspective to make it more interesting... So if you were thinking about visiting the place someday, I hope you don't give up because of my pictures. :)

All the images are copyrighted by me and you are welcome to use them for no commercial manners. I only ask you to please inform me about it.

6 comments:

  1. This looks like such a magical place!

    http://theas-vintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a gorgeous place to visit. Beautiful photos!

    Thank you so much for following. :) I'm following back via GFC and also Bloglovin to keep up with posts better. + Twitter too, but I don't use it a lot. :)
    Have a nice day, and stop by sometime!

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog.I think your blog is very amazing and different:)I followed you:)

    fashionfrommyeye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think this is the first time that i notice you live that close to me *lol* never been to that place though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful how you're capture this place, i love your eye for details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for passing by.

Your comment is really appreciated and also taken as an invitation to your own personal page. ;)


Popular Posts